Truman Blue Double Blue Muffins are super easy and to die for if you like blueberry muffins. If you add the blue cheese filling, they are to double die for.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup flour (I use gluten free, but it’s your choice)
- 1 cup frozen mini blueberries (Available in grocery stores. As a kid, we called them huckleberries when we picked them at the forest edge).
- 1/3 heaping cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 melted butter (vegan option coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (or some kinda plant or animal milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (vegans know how to sub!)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl ad stir until completely blended. In another bowl, melt the butter, add the yogurt, vanilla, and egg, and stir until completely blended. Mix together well, the dry stuff, wet stuff and blueberries. Put globs into silicon muffin cups, filling about 1/2 full. (You will make about 16 mini muffins)
Cook in air fryer at 360 degrees for 10 minutes. Let them cool a bit so you don’t burn your mouth. If you slather with butter, or fill with the ingredients below you will be in heaven.
- 2 oz cream cheese slightly warmed so it spreads easily
- blue cheese to taste
Split the muffin, spread with the soft cream cheese, and add as much blue cheese crumbles and you want. You can probably mix the cream cheese and blue cheese, but I like the uneven bites, some thick some sprinkles of blue cheese.